Caveat Emptor

I apologize in advance if I offend those of you to whom I am related or close friends. Writing this is my catharsis and has been keeping me (moderately) sane of late.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Pharmaceuticals Be Damned

I never could recover my lost paragraphs from the recesses of my mind (or cyberspace), and though I am not yet over it, I always have more to say, loquacious, self-important b*tch that I am.

Oh, before I go any further I should mention that I like to swear, a lot (I blame my father), and I will most likely swear often on this blog because it is my catharsis. For the time being I am substituting certain letters in my swear words with an asterisk. Why? Well really it is because I was a teacher for 10 years and there is an infinitesimal chance that one of my former students (some of whom were fooled into thinking that I am the epitome of perfection) may come across this blog and I am trying to keep up the facade of embodying everything holy, at least for them.

Well, I have been off Zoloft (100mg) for nearly a week and I have not yet gouged any ones eyes out, though I have wanted to (no, not yours Mom, I swear). Now, the reason I started taking Zoloft in the first place was that just over a year ago I had what I assumed at the time to be a nervous breakdown. I was on the couch, eyes huge with anxiety and fear, rocking back and forth and paralyzed with confusion, so Zoloft it was. Bottoms up!

When I first learned that Zoloft was a class C pregnancy drug I was scared. "I heard that Zoloft was safe to take during pregnancy!" I screamed to no one imparticular. F*CK, I was told there would be no math on this exam (Thanks for the pic Jay).Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So, for the good of my future, hopefully, maybe, baby-I stopped taking it. Then it dawned on me; maybe I am not crazy! Maybe I won't lose my mind when off psychotropic meds! And you know what? That "nervous breakdown" I had was right smack in the middle of the clomid challenge test AND my period. AWESOME!!!! I may not need Zoloft! hurray! strike up the band, let go of the balloons, I can get pregnant (Day 3 FSH level of 16.9 anyone?).

So, Zoloft problem solved; onto the Xanax. I rarely take Xanax, but it is my security blanket and I take it everywhere with me. Xanax is a class D pregnancy drug, so I cannot take it while pregnant, period. This kinda sucks because I am a huge fan of a quick fix, and without Xanax to lean on, there are no quick fixes. Wait, I must digress, as of this typing, I am not pregnant, but I am hopeful (wink, wink, nod, nod).

To be continued...

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I have extreme anxiety when flying. I am convinced I will die. I recently became friends with Xanax on my last flight and I don't know that I will ever be able to fly without it again. We may have to drive everywhere if I ever get pregnant, otherwise I am going to have to find another Benzo to get me from Point A to Point B