Caveat Emptor

I apologize in advance if I offend those of you to whom I am related or close friends. Writing this is my catharsis and has been keeping me (moderately) sane of late.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

32 Weeks


Most recent pictures taken Sunday, November 25, 2007 at my parent's house (32 Weeks).

I am no longer on strict bed rest, but I am to rest as much as possible. At least two hours with my feet up every morning, afternoon and evening. This does not include when I am (supposed to be) sleeping (am peeing instead). I must say this is an impossible task while working. I have been so nauseous and dizzy lately, usually simultaneously. Also, when I take a shower, I have contractions. Today, to avoid contractions in the shower, I did not shave my legs because I thought it was the bending over that caused the problem. I was wrong; I guess it is just the act of showering. Who knows? I do know that I have been feeling like shit more and more often. Every day that I act like a normal person (leave the house), I have to rest for two days to recover. I actually could not go to work today because I felt so awful: nauseous, crampy, and exhausted. After Thanksgiving (great day), I was in bed for two full days, which I hate. I love being energetic and getting things done and organized, etc., but I simply cannot do that right now.

Yesterday I had my 32 week check-up and as I was sitting in the waiting room I became dizzy and nauseous and scanned the room in a panic looking for a garbage can in which to vomit. I did not vomit (hate to!), but I knew that I should go straight home after the appointment and rest. I did not go straight home as I should have, I ran a couple of errands because I was already out and knew that I would probably not be out of the house except for work for a while. It was a stupid thing to do as I had horrid contractions while in TJ Maxx (you get the max for the minimum) and I could barely walk, even with the support of the shopping cart. I did get some damn cute things for my baby boy, but it was stupid, I know. Also, even some C cup bras are too small now! I did go home and straight to bed.

1 comment:

eatmisery said...

Your body has a way of telling you to slow down. Listen to it as much as possible. If that means taking a sick day, do it. If that means staying in your jammies all day long, do it, even if you don't like to. And let Iceman be your slave. Men are pretty helpless when it comes to pregnancy, so let him help you by doing whatever it is you need done.

And you can tell me to shut up anytime. Heh.